Sunday, March 16, 2008

Why I love Florida...

So we are three days into our Florida vacation and I thought I'd just document how much I love this state. I was born here, so I honestly think my blood is just a little salty. Too much time away from the beach and I think my ph balance gets all out of wac (wack?). That's just a hypothesis, it's not scientific or anything. Every other year growing up my parents would rent a condo in Florida for a month and we would come down here and live. All of our family would visit us at the condo, so most of my fondest memories with aunts, uncles and cousins are playing at the beach and swimming in the pool. I get a little emotional when I look at my own kids now and realize that they are forming some of the same memories that I have as a kid. I think we are going to come down here for a month in July and hopefully my cousins and their kids will come over and play with us. What fun!
I love that my kids are totally into the beach. Sloan absolutely loves being down here. He made his first trip when he was 10 weeks old. Tia was four months the first time she came and Landon is three months. This is their second home and that warms my heart.
I love being on a boat. My parents recently bought a boat down here and we spent the day on it yesterday. What a wonderful way to spend time as a family. There is nothing more relaxing than being on the water, even with three kids. Oh, and I must brag on how awesome my kids have been down here. The airport and plane ride were down right relaxing. All three kids were angels and travelled so well. Sloan has been fighting off some kind of fever and sore throat (*update...he actually has scarlet fever/strep throat, which I know because we just returned from the Urgent Care Center - awesome), yet he's been a joy to be around(seriously, he's been so awesome despite being so sick!). Tia, who is our wild child, has been very sweet and adaptable and has just done amazing. And I swear that Landon is teething early, but despite his obvious discomfort he's been so sweet and fun. He slept the whole boat ride and has just adapted to whatever crazy situation we put him in. My kids rock! Anyway, despite the fact that the weather hasn't been ideal, we're having a wonderful trip so far. This is one of my favorite places in the world!

6 comments:

blessedpath said...

Hey guys, sounds soooo awesome there!!! We love it in Florida too..why do we live in MO??? Today it is raining a ton here. Brooke has strep too, but somewhere strange!!! I bet it was going around there class. Glad Sloan is okay. God knew how much you enjoy seeing the ped so let you go to one on vacation!!ha All is quiet on white tree and your house... Have fun!!!!!!love Carol

Brad Dearborn said...

It is wonderful to hear that you are having such a good time in Florida. And I'm sure that Boss and Myshka are having a great deal of fun with your family as well! Give them my best and have a ton of fun before coming back up here.

Three Against One said...

That is just great, rub it in Kelli. It is gross and rainy here like Carol said and I don't need to hear how wonderful it is there. Just Kidding!!! Glad that you all are having fun, we keep trying to convience my parents to buy a condo in Flordia but so far no luck! We are keeping an eye on your place and everything is fine, except for the two broken windows in front, better hurry home something might be missing.

heartheldhigh said...

I'm so glad you're having a blast. We'll be praying for Sloan.

Melissa (aka Kitty) said...

Kelli- it's WHACK, like I feel like whack in this cruddy, wet, slop hole of a town. Enjoy the beach:)

Mike G.

Melissa (aka Kitty) said...

Kelli-that last comment was from Mike, not me. Glad you're having fun.