Saturday, May 10, 2008

Bloggers Guild meeting

In case you hadn't noticed, I recently joined the St. Louis Bloggers Guild. You can click on the icon on my side bar and link to the bloggers guild site to read more about them if you're interested. I did this for a couple of reasons. First, I love writing and am always looking for contacts in the writing field. Second, I wanted to branch out and meet some new folks - something that is not always comfortable for me. I get very awkward and uncomfortable around people I don't know, especially if Lee, my nevermetastranger husband isn't with me. I needed to challenge myself and this seemed like a good opportunity. The good news is no one at the meeting today had two heads or breathed fire so it wasn't as intimidating as I thought! Third, I just want to learn more about blogging. I had no idea what a powerful form of communication it is! We talked about some cool stuff today and I'm just so excited to learn more and get more involved with projects. There's a really neat opportunity coming up that I would love to write about but don't fully have a handle on how to explain it yet, so I'll write about it later. Anyhoo, just wanted to share! Happy Saturday.

3 comments:

R said...

So glad you joined the Guild and came to the meeting yesterday! . . . if for nothing else than for me to cajole you into living it up Twitter style.

Happy Mother's Day!

Tiffany Nevil said...

i'm jealous! somehow i feel like i'm missing out on some kind of club or something....

can't wait for your explanation...

Tiff!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you have joined and I was so disappointed that I had to miss this meeting....there is always next month! Hope you are having a wonderful mother's day!