My good bud, Lindsey tagged me and because I love her SO much, I am participating!
* Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
* Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog.
* Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
* Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog....
Here you have it, folks: 7 Random Facts about me:
1. I love cold food. I know it's weird, but I love taking food out of the fridge and just eating it cold. My favorites are spagetti and pizza, but I'll eat just about anything cold and usually like it better than when it was warm.
2. I have an abnormal fear of airplane bathrooms, which I've discussed before here. But, seriously, I am terrified to use an airplane bathroom on the off chance that somehow the little stall will dislodge itself from the rest of the plane and I will plummet to the earth with my pants around my ankles. *sigh* I'm a dork.
3. My very favorite book in the world is Anna Karenina. I've read it at least three times and every time I put it down and sigh at the greatness of it! My next favorite book is Jane Eyre, another that just makes me smile and swoon. Finally, my third favorite book of all time is The Last of the Really Great Wangdoodles. It's written by Julie (Andrews) Edwards (aka Mary Poppins). It's a kids book, but it's so awesome. I've read it at least 25 times. My third grade teacher read it to us, and I've read it once or twice a year since then! I even read it to Lee right after we got married (isn't that such a newly married thing to do?). I'm excited for the kids to get a little older so I can read it to them.
4. I have a weird and uncanny ability to impersonate people. I can do a mean Ace Ventura impersonation, which has gotten me nowhere in life, but did help me win over the boys in high school. I can sing in such a way that I can sound a lot like whoever's song I am singing (within reason - my range is not in the league of some people out there). My favorite person to impersonate in song is Barbra Streisand.
5. I started out in college majoring in musical theater but quickly dropped that when I realized I had to sell my soul to the theater department and I decided I wanted a life.
6. My grandparents were pioneer missionaries to the islands in the West Indies and the Bahamas. My mom grew up in the islands and my uncle now runs a mission organization that takes groups into several different countries and islands. It is for this reason that I think I have a little more salt in my blood than the average person, and I therefore love the islands and the Caribbean so very much. I also deeply, deeply admire my grandparents, both of whom are already sitting before the throne of God.
7. I absolutely love throwing tea parties and have a secret desire to one day own my own tea shop. I love the scones and the pettifores, the finger sandwiches and the different blends of tea. I do not love cooking, or really even baking, unless it's baking for a group of women who are going to have high tea with me. I am planning on taking Tia to her first high tea this winter and can't wait.
So there you have it. Now, I tag:
...And don't worry, ladies - I won't be offended if you decide you don't want to participate!