Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Potty Training, Day 1

I decided to try and start potty training Tia today. I'm seriously questioning that decision now, though. The problem is not that she is not ready, but that I'm not. It's much more difficult to do when I'm dealing with two others. Sloan was so easy but I was able to focus on that and nothing else for as long as it took to get it done. He was also significantly older than she is right now. But, she seems pretty ready. And she's so dang independent that I'm tired of fighting her to put her diaper on. At least with underwear she can dress herself. Tia was a baby when I potty trained Sloan and she slept all the time. So I could focus on him and stay home and really be alert and ready all the time. I don't have that luxury with Tia. I think she's only peed in the toilet once today. Every other time it's been on the floor. This is overwhelming. I'll give it a few more days, then we may have to go back to pull ups for a little while longer. Blah.

3 comments:

heartheldhigh said...

Hang in there! I wasn't ready when Jonathan was, and it ended up being later than it probably could have been. But no harm done. He's potty trained now! I loved spending the weekend with you. God is so good to us. Thank you for being so good to me. Love you, sister!

Becke' said...

Sam has been going some. He calls it "making bubbles". He gets all excited and says, "I wanna go make bubbles!" Whatever gets it done, I guess!

Tiffany Nevil said...

Hang in there Kel! The first part is always the hardest part. Then you will laugh at yourself later as you relish how great it is to have a kiddo who is potty trained! Set your eye on the prize girl!