Friday, January 23, 2009

Is it bad? Part 2

A follow up on this post:
Is it bad that I just put my 1 year old down for a morning nap, even though I have been cutting out morning naps, just because I needed a few minutes of quiet?

Is it bad that Sloan is completing his second hour of cartoons this morning? In his (or my) defense, he is very sick and has a fever but I'm still feeling a little guilty for allowing that much television.

Is it bad that I have roughly 5 loads of laundry to do even though I haven't yet put all the laundry away from last week?

Is it bad that I wait until someone runs out of underwear before finally doing laundry?

Is it bad that I don't really care and would rather do 6 or 7 loads of laundry over the weekend then a few small loads every day?

Is it bad that I have kind of come to enjoy folding clothes because it means I can lock myself in the basement for an extended period of time and have a good excuse for it?

Is it bad that I continue to loathe the process of putting said clothes away?

Is it bad that I fell completely in love with a Young Adult series of books about vampires and werewolves? Hey - I'm an adult and I'm still young right? Right???*

Is it bad that I'm sad to have finished all four books because I'm going to miss these characters so much?

Is it bad that last night when I was up and down with sick kids I wished that I myself was a vampire so that I wouldn't need sleep so very desperately?

Is it bad that I attempted to start Landon off in a healthy way by giving him Soy milk, then found out that soy can mimic estrogen and it isn't recommended that you give it to growing boys so I attempted to buy organic milk for us all only to realize that we would have to take out a second mortgage on our home to continue so I gave up and we're all back to drinking the regular, hormone laden milk that's actually affordable?

Is it bad that I'm feeling a little sad about the fact that Tia is finally starting to talk more and more intelligably because I miss the adorableness of her jibber jabber?

Is it bad that I'm also relieved that I can finally understand her?

Is it bad that I am so tired today that I have yet to change out of my pajamas or even look in a mirror because I'm afriad of what I'll look like?

Are these things bad?

*If you have not yet read the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer, I highly recommend it. I was skeptical at first because it just sounded dumb. A mortal falling in love with a vampire? Seriously? Um, yeah - seriously. It's a great series and a great love story. I read all four books in a period of a few weeks, which means I read around to 2,000 pages in a very short time span, which means I have not been all that productive these last few weeks. But it was worth getting lost in that story. While the books can't be compared in any way shape or form to my two top books of all time (Anna Karenina and Jane Eyre) Meyer's writing is compelling and the story endearing. So, if you're looking for a good read, I urge you to give this series a try. Just know that you will be tired for several weeks because the books are hard to put down!

6 comments:

blessedpath said...

It is NOT bad....to any of those!! I am the same way lately with laundry...I FINALLY have a load in because I need scrubs for tonight. Many times someone has to run out of undies to get by behind in gear. Poor Chase actually pulled something OUT of the laudry to wear today.....YIKES! His load is next. Sorry to hear Sloan is sick. I hear there has been a lot of yuck going around at their schools.

Three Against One said...

No it is not bad to be reading the Twilight Series. Even if we are all grown up we can still enjoy some GREAT/FABULOUS books and become young again. It is such a WONDERFUL love story I can't wait to get started on book #4 but at the same time I don't want it to go by too quickly because I too will miss all the characters terribly.
I should warn you now that Harry Potter is great and you will fall in love with the characters from them as well, but I have to say I enjoyed Twilight more!!

Anonymous said...

hi. i read your blog through nicole. i just finished the 2nd twilight book and i'm hooked. none of my friends who have read it will tell me if she becomes a vampire or not and it's driving me nuts that i have to wait. and they call themselves friends :)
and it's not bad to have laundry backed up. that's the story of my life.

Hyser Family said...

Hey - I am going to read that series. I've heard such good things about it from all ages. It's on the list. By the way -- I echo your sentiment about Soy milk. Not as healthy as everyone thinks. A good alternative that we use with our kids is Goat's Milk. We still use with Kaiya on her cereal and then when I'm ready I'll do half goat's milk and half formula with Kaleb's 3 bottles a day. Anyway... unsolicited advice. :) But it has worked for us and it is extremely good for the little ones.

Unknown said...

(Hi, it's Matt Diehl's mom!) I couldn't resist commenting on this one. Your list reminds me of my years as a young mom--and makes me chuckle at all the "bad" things I did. Is it bad . . . to come home from the grocery store w/ multitudes of bags and ONLY take in the ones w/ freezer/fridge foods--and then for A FULL DAY AFTERWARDS come out to the van & grab things as I needed them??? I kid you not!

The Original 2 Prices said...

Nope, not bad. Pretty regular in our house actually....Sam and Jack love them some Toot and Puddle, that's usually long enough to get the kitchen clean!